Clearing Your DNS Cache
When you visit a website in your browser, your computer will store information about that site so that you do not have to look it up again. Unfortunately, sometimes that information may change and your computer may not have the latest information about the site.
You can use the instructions below to clear your cache, ensuring you have the latest information about all the websites you visit.
Windows® XP or 2000
- 1. Open the Start menu.
- 2. Go to Run.
- 3. Type: ipconfig /flushdns
- 4. Press Enter or Return, and your cache will be flushed.
- 1. Go to Applications.
- 2. Go to Utilities.
- 3. Open the Terminal application.
- 4. Type: dscacheutil -flushcache
- 5. Press Enter or Return, and your cache will be flushed.